- Collect supplies:
cotton swabs (several)
cotton round (might need a couple for a larger compact)
broken powder :(
compact/container the powder came from
- Pour the broken powder contents into a small bowl.
- Using the back of a spoon, crush the powder until it is super fine and no chunks are left.
- Pour a teaspoon of alcohol into the powder and stir. Only add a TEENY bit of alcohol at a time until you reach a pasty consistency (a tad more creamy than peanut butter).
- Take the compact container that the powder was in and using a little alcohol, wipe it out until it is squeaky clean with no powder residue. Use a cotton swab to get into the corners. Dry compact using a paper towel or dry cloth.
- With a small spatula (knife could work), scoop and smear the powder back into the compact. It will look terrible!
- Use the back of a spoon/knife/spatula to smooth out the top of the powder. Make sure there are no bubbles underneath. The best way to ensure there are no bubbles it to jab the spoon vertically into the compact with the paste in it. Then smooth out after that.
- Clean the edges, cracks, and crevices with a cotton swab.
- Let dry for at least 6 hours.
- Voila! Your product is good as new!